Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Stylish Films: Factory Girl

For today's stylish film, I'd like to talk about one of my all-time favorite films, Factory Girl. I've had quite a fond love and fascination for Edie Sedgwick and Andy Warhol for quite sometime now, and when I found out about this film about 3-4 years ago, I was watching it over and over for a long time. The film is about Edie Sedgwick's life as Andy Warhol's superstar, and the rise and fall of her short life. While I love the film so much, it is a very tragic story, but looking past that I've noticed many good things about it, for instance, the style!

The film takes place in the 60s, so you really get to witness all of the amazing things happening in fashion while watching. The big chandelier earrings, leopard coats, swing dresses and knee-high boots are all pieces that are so magnificent and are major pieces that we are revisiting today. Along with that are the fabulous smokey eye makeup styles and pale lips, along with the greatest hairstyle of all time - the beehive. I always find myself trying to achieve a perfect beehive, but unfortunately, my hair is thin and completely lacks volume unless I use a full can of hairspray on it so it's really hard to do it to my hair. But one day I will have a fabulous beehive!

Anyways, this film is all-around so great, and Edie Sedgwick is in my opinion one of the most beautiful people to ever live, so if you've never seen it, you should definitely go watch it. It was also this film that convinced me that the 60s was my favorite style decade, and that sometimes cigarettes are actually very stylish, so when I tell you the style is good, I mean it!

2 comments:

  1. Ah loved this post!!

    xo,
    Madison Martine
    http://madisonmartine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome post ;)

    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2014/03/butterflies.html

    ReplyDelete